Thursday, November 02, 2006

2months

the sky just turned purple all over.

6 minutes ago it was entirely pink. no clouds. just soft, dusty pink. i'm sure if i'd gone outside it would have reflected just as colourfully off the dust that has settled rather permanently onto every exposed surface of my body [...and other areas one could consider 'less' exposed....]

yesterday was our two month mark. i'm 1/4 of the way into this. made me realise how much more i could be doing. i've got TIME and i'm damn lucky to have it. i need to start using it more effectively.

come november 15th at least i'll be able to get my head firmly out of north america for a while. well, at least for 4 weeks, when the acceptance/rejection letter will grace my parents mailbox. me, i will be in lao, sleeping in treehouses connected by ziplines set in the canopy of a rainforest near the thai border. so fingers crossed that its one of those yes/no sort of letters lol. though i guess nothing is truly isolated anylonger, praise ye o internet land.

water festival is this weekend. jen and i are set with keys we've been armed with to house/cat sit for the next week. stories and past experiences keep getting increasingly ridiculous/alarming, all corroborating on the undeniable fact that phnom penh is total madness every year when the boat races come to tonle sap.

sorry for the lack of photos, my camera is out of commission. but i will get it fixed and there will be photos, absolutely.

much peace, much love,
el.

1 comment:

Dan said...

hey
congrats on making the two month mark.
and i'm feeling confident about your impending decision letter...
my god it would be wonderful for you to be here, there's so much i'll have to show you.
aaand,
my mind keeps wondering towards kep, are there any advancements? is it still open?
i talked to my dance professor the other day and she said she could show me some simple things to teach kids. and there's always gumboot.